Those of us that have surrendered our lives to Jesus Christ have an incredible source of power available to us. A source of power that will enable us to do the seemingly impossible. A source of power that will help us to love like we don’t think is possible. To forgive like we don’t think is possible. To have faith like we don’t think is possible. A source of power that will enable us to live life like we don’t think is possible. All we need to do is to ask God to fill us with his Holy Spirit. Every day. Every hour. Moment by moment.
So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him. (Luke 11:13)
Here are just some of the ways that the Holy Spirit empowers us:
- Affirms that we are God’s children and prompts us to call out to God, our Father. (Galatians 4:6, Romans 8:16)
- Renews our thoughts and attitudes. (Ephesians 4:23)
- Gives us spiritual gifts and produces fruit in our lives. (1 Corinthians 12:4, 8-11, Galatians 5:22-23)
- Leads us in every part of our life. (Galatians 5:25)
- Helps us to think about things that please God. (Romans 8:5)
- Pleads for us in harmony with God’s will. (Romans 8:27)
- Shows us God’s deep secrets and the wonderful things he has freely given us. (1 Corinthians 2:10, 12)
- Fills our hearts with God’s love and gives us love for others. (Romans 5:5, Colossians 1:8)
- Helps us in our weaknesses and fills us with power from heaven. (Romans 8:26, Luke 24:49)
- Gives life to our mortal bodies; a new birth and new life. (Romans 8:10-11, Titus 3:5)
- Gives us words to understand and explain spiritual truths and speaks through us with the right words at the right time. (1 Corinthians 2:13-14, Matthew 10:19-20)
- Guides our lives and gives us power to put to death the deeds of our sinful nature. (Romans 8:13, Galatians 5:16)
- Empowers us with inner strength. (Ephesians 3:16)
- Is given to us as proof from God that we live in him and he in us and as a guarantee that God will give us the inheritance he promised. (1 John 4:13, Ephesians 1:14)
- Freed us from the power of sin that leads to death. (Romans 8:2)
- Testifies about Jesus and teaches us everything we need to know about the truth. (John 15:26, 1 John 4:6)
- Gives us confident hope. (Romans 15:13)
- Tells us whatever he receives from Jesus and gives us power to be Jesus’ witnesses to the world. (John 16:15, Acts 1:8)
- Makes us holy. Helps us to live a life of goodness, peace and joy. (Romans 15:16, Romans 14:17)
- Unites us with other believers. (Ephesians 2:18)
Fill me with your Spirit, Lord, so I can do you will.
The purpose you have for me needs you power to fulfill.
Thank you, Heavenly Father, that you have blessed us with the power of your Holy Spirit so that we can do life here on earth until you bring us home. I pray that you will fill me with your Holy Spirit every moment of my day so that the life I live will be pleasing to you. In the name of Jesus, Amen!